Nutridge Sunset View Luau
Enjoy lush tropical jungle, the sound of birds, a fresh breeze and unforgettable views as the sun sets over the city and the sea.
Top of Oahu Sunset View
Join Us for an evening you will never forget
Sit back and take this in
2 Adult Drink Tickets
You can smell the Rainforest
Laulima: many hands working
Hawaiian Hula with Rainforest Backdrop
Traditional Luau Imu (Pig) Oven
Hula kahiko (Ancient Style Dance)
Farm to Table Luau Feast
Meet Our Friendly Ohana (Family)
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received within 72 hours up until 12:00 PM the day prior to the scheduled tour, will be refunded 50% of the total price. Cancellations received after 12PM the day prior to scheduled tour, will receive no refund.
No Disclaimers at this time.
Tantalus is the name of one of the ridges that rise high above Honolulu. Not too far from Waikiki, this area is an ideal place to enjoy lush tropical jungle, the sound of birds, a fresh breeze and unforgettable views as the sun sets over the city and the sea.
- Farm-to-Table Dinner with Local-Style Food
- Hawaiian-Style Rainforest & Sunset Luau
- Four Hours of Activities, Including Cultural Workshops and Games
- World-Class View and Breathtaking Sunsets
- Traditional Imu (Underground Oven) Participation
- Small Group Size Offers Everyone Intimate Involvement
- Receive a Kukui Nut Lei upon arrival!
- 2 Alcoholic Drink Tickets for guests ages 21+
- Nalo Greens
- Pulehu Chicken
- Kalu’a Pua’a (Roast Pork)
- Steamed White Rice
- Mini Lau Lau
- Sweet Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Haupia (Coconut Jello)
- Soft Drinks, Bottled Water or Juice
Experience Authentic Hawaiian Culture
Nutridge Estate invites guests to come, play, experience, and enjoy at one of the Islands’ newest homestyle luaus. Your hosts welcome you to join in on cultural activities and nature explorations that engage all the senses. Walk through the deep green jungle, play traditional games, get your hands dirty as you help to build the underground oven known as the imu, or just relax and take in the breathtaking surroundings. The limited number of guests ensures that everyone gets a five-star experience.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a luau without a feast! The Nutridge Luau includes sweet and savory dishes that represent the best of Hawaiian cuisine: tropical ingredients and recipes with a touch of Asia. Farm to table cooking ensures that the food is fresh and local. Of course, kalua pork and haupia (coconut pudding) are part of the menu!
Refreshing soft drinks, juice and bottled water are served. Adults also receive two alcoholic drinks each, included in the price of the luau.
A Little History of the Estate
The name Pu’u ‘Ualaka’a literally means “rolling sweet potato hill." There are several stories about the origin of that odd name. One tells of an archer, who saw a mouse eat a sweet potato on the slope. He shot it with his arrow and set the potato off tumbling down the hill. Another story refers to King Kamehameha, who would roll sweet potatoes down the hill to help feed poor Hawaiians.
It's definitely true that under King Kamehameha, the rain forest in the area was cleared and sweet potato was planted on this land. In 1921, the land was given to Ernest Shelton Van Tassel, who used it to start Hawaii’s first macadamia plantation. 22 acres were planted with about 2,000 macadamia nut trees and what was to become one of Hawaii’s most sought after delicacies put down its roots right here.
Come join us at this magical place and forget the rest of the world for one fantastic day out!
Know before you book:
- Online reservations must be booked by 3:00PM HST (Hawaii Standard Time) one (2) days prior to your tour date. If trying to book after 3:00PM the day prior, please call for availability.
- Guests 21 and over must present a picture ID to order or consume alcoholic beverages.
- Luau check in time is at 3:55 PM.
- Luau days of operation: Monday - Friday & Sunday. Closed on Saturday