Hawaii Loa Luau @ Fairmont Orchid
Experience the beauty of this ancient royal land and enjoy all the best flavors the Big Island has to offer at this unforgettable celebration!
100% Refund Policy
Customers will receive a Full Refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Groups of 10 or more require 72 hours notice of cancellation. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
No Disclaimers at this time.
No FAQs available
The award-winning culinary team and the world renowned performers make this a top-quality luau. The combination of cultural and historical education, exotic fresh flavors, and stunning surroundings are sure to make this an unforgettable evening for you and your loved ones!
- Gourmet Hawaiian Style Buffet
- Free Adult Beverages: Cocktails and Tropical Drinks
- Polynesian Luau Performance
- Beautiful South Kohala Coast
- Award Winning Culinary Team
- Live Music and Dance
No upsells available
- Ohana Luau Seating
- Traditional activities before dinner
- Delicious island cuisine including a large dessert station
- Fresh local fruit and seafood, including a fantastic poke selection
- Open bar serving a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cultural show including hula dance and other performances from around the Pacific
Hawaii Loa Luau
Kalahuipua'a – a magnificent part of shore on the Big Island of Hawaii is home to one of the most memorable Luau celebrations on the islands. Join the Hawaiiloa family for their weekly Saturday feast including performances of internationally renowned performers, world class cuisine and cultural activities.
Every Saturday the picturesque area called Kalahuipua’a becomes the location for a grand celebration. This pua’a (a traditional piece of land) used to be a royal fishing ground. Ancient fish ponds can be found all along the shore even today. Here, fish were bred and fattened for the royal feasts. They were distributed to the kitchens of chiefs all around the island by runners who made sure their wares arrived still fresh.
Today, you can get a taste of these royal meals as you join the weekly luau. This particular luau serves a feast befitting its location. You'll find a large variety of poke style (raw marinated) seafood as well as cooked and grilled fish. Of course, island favorites such as lomi lomi salmon and kalua pork are served, along with a wide selection of local fruit, luscious desserts, colorful vegetable dishes, and a special buffet reserved for the keiki (children). A bar serving tasty beverages of all varieties is open throughout the evening.
The celebration begins well before sunset. Make sure you arrive in time to enjoy the cultural activities before dinner. You'll be invited to join in traditional games and crafts while also getting a chance to meet the cast of the spectacular show presented later in the evening.
Around the time the sun touches the sea and the sky takes on a hundred gorgeous colors, the culinary team open the buffet. Enjoy this time of beauty and flavor as all your senses receive the royal treatment. The flavors of exotic and familiar food, the scent of flowers and torches around you and the colorful sunset combine into an unforgettable experience of tropical extravaganza!
Once everybody’s appetite has been satisfied, the big show begins. Fantastic dancers and musicians together create a showcase of the story of Hawaii – a combination of hula and Tahitian dance as well as traditional music and drumming. Learn about the courageous ancestors of today’s Hawaiians who braved the largest ocean on the planet to discover the remote new land of Hawaii. The story involves bravery, adventure and hardship as well as the miracle of new life on new land as the ancient Hawaiians cultivated the barren volcanic rocks to become a lush paradise.
The Hawaii Loa luau is a family friendly event that takes place in an elegant environment on historically rich land. Enjoy the beauty of the natural surroundings of the luxurious Fairmont Orchard.
- Taro Rolls
- Calrose Rice Furikake
- Stir Fried Vegetable Noodles
- Teriyaki BBQ Chicken
- Miso Glazed Hawaiian Butterfish
- Kiawe Wood Smoked Kalua Pork
Poke & Salad Station
- Spicy Kimchi Tako Octopus
- Ogo Seaweed & Maui Onion Salad
- Ahi Limu Koho
- Ahi Avocado
- Spicy Shellfish
- Surimi Crab & Broccoli
- Garlic Sesame Edamame Soy Beans
- Pipikaula- Dried Beef & Tomato
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Moloka'i Sweet Potato Salad
- Bean Sprout Salad
- Kimchi Cabbage
- J.A Farms Spinach Leafs & Heirloom Greens
From the Grill
- Kalbi Style Hawaiian Low Line Beef w/ Ginger Soy Glaze
- Sugar Cane Skewered Shrimp Yakitori
Keiki Menu (Kids)
- Mini Hot Dogs
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Stir Fry Vegetables
- Hawaiian Dark Chocolate Lava Cake w/ Tahitian Vanilla and Raspberry Sauce
- Pineapple Pie w/ Macadamia Nut Streusel
- Molokai Banana Bread
- Coconut Cream Tapioca w/ Mango & Lilikoi
- Big Island Fruit Salad w/Lychee
- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Kona Coffee
- Fairmont Premium Selection of Hot Teas
Know before you book:
- Dress Code: Resort attire. Footwear and cover-ups are required.
- Please reserve well ahead of time as this Luau only takes place once a week.
- Vouchers bought online may be traded for a ticket at the reservation desk. Only guests with a valid ticket may join the Luau.