Haleo Luau @ Keauhou Bay
This family friendly luau celebrates the ahupua'a (land division) of Keauhou, birthplace of King Kamehameha III, with a spectacular evening of delicious food, dance, and song!
Haleo Luau with Ocean View
Beautiful Sunset during Buffet Dinner
Mai Tai Greeting
Traditional Luau Feast
Haleo named 'Best Show on the Island'
Always wanted a Polynesian tattoo?
You ready to Feel the heat?
Ancient Hawaiian Dances
Live Music and Hula's of History
100% Refund Policy
Customers will receive a full refund with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Groups of 10 or more require 72 hours notice of cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
No Disclaimers at this time.
No FAQs available
The Haleo Luau at the Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa was named “Best Luau Show on the Island” for good reason. At the beautiful Sheraton Kona Resort, you can enjoy the best flavors the island has to offer and personally meet the artists who perform the breathtaking story of this historic part of the Big Island. Learn about events that took place on the very shore where you meet for the celebration of Haleo Luau.
Hawaii – the Big Island revealed named this Luau the “Best Show on the Island”.
- Colorful buffet with great flavors
- Complimentary Adult Beverages
- Learn about the history of the Big Island, its myths and its rulers
- See the spectacular sunset over Keauhou Bay
- Try your hand at traditional crafts
- Visit a sacred Heiau site
- Meet the performers
No upgrades available
- Open Bar
- Traditional Games and Crafts
- Seats for the Haleo show
- Flavorful buffet including salads, fish, meat, desserts, coffee and tea
Haleo Luau with Ocean View
Keauhou Bay, situated on the picturesque Kona coast, is the scene of many historic events that shaped Hawaii. Today, the azure waters, black rocks and lush palm trees delight visitors and locals alike. This beautiful shore and the land near it are home to the Haleo Luau, one of the most sought-after experiences on the Big Island of Hawaii!
Even in ancient times, Keauhou (meaning “a new era”) was a popular playground in the summer. Hawaiian nobles of the old times loved to play in the gentle waters, surf the waves and engage in one of the most spectacular Hawaiian sports: he’e holua (Hawaiian lava sledding). Keauhou was a place of play and worship with some of the most sacred heiau (temple) sites in the Kailua-Kona district. You can still see the remainders of those happy times along the coast. King Kamehameha III was born on this land, which served not only as a playground but also as a fertile source for food including taro, fish, and sweet potato.
All three are part of the colorful buffet that is a highlight of this luau celebration, along with plenty of other exotic and enticing flavors. The buffet is sure to have something for everyone, and includes some very tempting desserts.
After the sun has set and your appetite is sated, sit back and enjoy as talented performers tell the history of the land in a spectacular display of traditional dancing and song.
Don’t miss out on this special night in stunning surroundings. This evening is fun for the whole family, so bring the keiki (children)!
- Taro Rolls w/ Lilikoi Butter
- Waimea Field Green Salad w/ Papaya Seed Vinaigrette
- Island-Style Fernshoot Salad
- Keauhou Macaroni Salad
- Hawaiian Purple Potato Salad
- Lomi Lomi Salmon
- Steamed Rice
- Sauteed Island Vegetables
- Waipio Valley Poi
- Hawaiian Style Ahi Poke w/ Onions & Red Ogo
- Island-Style Kalua Pork
- Locally Caught Fish in Ginger and Soy
- Teriyaki Glazed Beef
- Sliced Seasonal Fruit
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Kona Coffee Chocolate Cake
- Haupia (Coconut Pudding)
Open Bar & Beverages
- Regular and Decaffeinated Kona Coffee
- Selection of Hot Teas
Know before you book:
- Online vouchers must be exchanged for tickets at check-in.
- Please book well ahead as only a limited number of guests can join the Luau.
- Self-parking is available for 5$ at the hotel.